A relationship with a caring, qualified family dentist can help ensure that your teeth stay healthy and attractive for a very long time. The dentist’s office is a place where you should feel comfortable getting the dental treatments you need, whether they’re preventative or restorative. Get in touch with Dr. George Solier in Alexandria, VA, to start seeing a family dentist for regular checkups and helpful treatments.
What Is a Family Dentist?
Family dentists are trained to treat every member of a family, from newborns to seniors. This dental professional can provide a wide range of treatments including:
- Restorative procedures (including crowns and dental implants)
- Root canals for diseased teeth
- Periodontal therapy for gum disease (including gum grafting, scaling, root planing, and periodontal surgery)
- Orthodontic treatments to align the teeth and jaw
- Cosmetic procedures (includes veneers, bonding, teeth whitening, and dentures)
- Preventive treatments (such as sealants for children)
- Solutions for TMJ disorder (jaw pain, popping, and clicking)
Benefits of Seeing a Family Dentist
Seeing a dentist should not be limited to emergencies. You should always see your Alexandria, VA, family dentist for regularly scheduled checkups. Your teeth will be thoroughly inspected by a professional who is trained to notice and diagnose potential oral health problems. Your teeth and gums will also be cleaned beyond what you can accomplish at home, and you will be consulted about recommended treatments that will keep your smile looking beautiful and feeling healthy.
Why Your Dental Health Is Important
Your teeth are important for more than just smiling. They aid your digestive system, ensuring that you can chew your food into small bites that are easily digestible. They also help maintain the structure for your jawline, which impacts your facial features. For these reasons and more, you should do everything possible to maintain good dental health and avoid tooth loss.
Schedule Your Dental Exam
Every time you visit your family dentist, you’re taking an important step in preserving and protecting your dental health. Call 703-360-4500 today to schedule an appointment with Dr. George Solier at his office in Alexandria, VA.